Manchester Quays Ltd
- Concept design for the majority of the site
- Design and tender for a district heating system
A masterplan for the development of the former ITV Granada site has been approved. The plan was developed by Simpson Haugh & Partners for Manchester Quays Limited, a joint venture between Allied London and Manchester City Council. The joint venture purchased the 13-acre site in 2013.
CWC are progressing with the masterplanning MEP concept design for the entire site.
Outline proposals include:
- 2,500 – 3,000 residential units, with townhouses, penthouse apartments, live-work units and high-rise living
- 500 of these brought forward on the core site as a private rented community
- Up to 600,000 sq ft of workspace, mostly aimed at creative industries
- 80,000 sq ft of this via refurbishment of the Bonded Warehouse
- Up to 400,000 sq ft of leisure space, incorporating some of the existing entertainment and studio buildings
- Two hotels, including the Grande Hotel
- Up to three arts and cultural buildings
- Public realm through the site
All the above is interspersed with interconnected pockets of public realm and green spaceView More Masterplanning Projects »