Sustainability has become synonymous with MEP design. The built environment has a huge impact on the planet, but one of the key ways we can mitigate this is through building services. Whether designed into a new build or retrofitted into a refurbishment project, choosing sustainable solutions will have a significant impact on a building’s ongoing carbon footprint. As one of our core values, sustainability underpins everything we do.
What we do
- We start the sustainability conversation early in the design process, so everyone is working towards the same goal.
- We always consider the environmental impact within our design strategy and deliver exemplar MEP building services design through sustainable and renewable technologies and methodologies.
- We provide training and support to our engineers, so they are fluent in the latest legislation and regional policies governing carbon emissions and sustainable design.
- We carry out building simulations to provide the team with critical information on buildings’ performance, energy use and carbon emissions.
How we work
Sustainability begins at home. As our business grows, we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint with environmentally friendly working practices.
- We encourage all our employees to use public transport, walk or cycle to work where possible. All our offices have secure bike storage and showers available.
- We have introduced an agile working policy to reduce the need for commuting, as well as improve employees’ work life balance
- We have reduced our business travel by using video conferencing wherever practical
- When we need to meet in person, we use public transport wherever possible
- We don’t print if we don’t need to
- We are currently undergoing the ISO:14001 Environmental Accreditation
Want to know more? Lets talk.