Sustainability has become synonymous with MEP design.
The built environment has a huge impact on the planet, but one of the key ways we can mitigate this is through building services. Whether designed into a new build or retrofitted into a refurbishment project, choosing sustainable solutions will have a significant impact on a building’s ongoing carbon footprint. As one of our core values, sustainability underpins everything we do.
What we do
We have signed Engineers Declare, a global petition uniting all strands of construction and the built environment. We are committed to positive action in response to climate change and we pledge to:
- Raise awareness of the climate and biodiversity emergencies and the urgent need for action amongst our clients via CPD and presentations
- Proactively share and contribute knowledge to the industry on an open-source basis
- Evaluate all projects against our aspiration to contribute positively to mitigating climate breakdown, and actively encourage our clients to adopt this approach
- Include life cycle carbon emission modelling and predicted post occupancy consumption data as part of the basic scope of work
- Adopt more regenerative design principles in practice, with the aim of providing building services engineering design that achieves the standard of net zero carbon
- Minimise wasteful use of resources in our building services engineering design, both in quantum and in detail
How we work
Sustainability begins at home. As our business grows, we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint with environmentally friendly working practices.
- We encourage all our employees to use public transport, walk or cycle to work where possible
- Our agile working policy cuts down on unnecessary commuting
- We are currently undergoing the ISO:14001 Environmental Accreditation
- We are monitoring our offices’ energy and resource use for the year 2021-22, and targeting a 20% reduction for the year 2022-23
- We are monitoring our C02 emissions from business travel for the year 2021-22, and targeting a 30% reduction for the year 2022-23
Whatever the project we are ready to assist you, from one-off surveys to full MEP design.