ITV Masterplanning, Manchester
Manchester Quays Ltd
A masterplan for the development of the former ITV Granada site has been approved. The plan was developed by Simpson Haugh & Partners for Manchester Quays Limited, a joint venture between Allied London and Manchester City Council. The joint venture purchased the 13-acre site in 2013.
CWC are progressing with the masterplanning MEP concept design for the entire site.
Outline proposals include:
- 2,500-3,000 residential units, with townhouses, penthouse apartments, live-work units and high-rise living.
- 500 of these brought forward on the core site as a private rented community.
- Up to 600,000 sq ft of workspace, mostly aimed at creative industries.
- 80,000 sq ft of this via refurbishment of the Bonded Warehouse.
- Up to 400,000 sq ft of leisure space, incorporating some of the existing entertainment and studio buildings.
- Two hotels, including the Grande hotel.
- Up to three arts and cultural buildings.
- Public realm through the site.
All the above is interspersed with interconnected pockets of public realm and green space.View More Masterplanning Projects »