Telecity, Joule House, Manchester
Commercial Offices, Data Centres and Contact Centres
- New 3.5MW data centre facility, constructed in two phases.
- Two independent utility power supplies and N+1 generator redundancy
- High sensitivity smoke detection and high pressure watermist fire suppression
- Additional capacity introduced in 2nd phase, with no interruption of service in a live data centre
- Maximum use of ‘free cooling’ via cooling towers for majority of year
- High efficiency, variable speed, water cooled chillers
CWC carried out the detailed design of the M&E installations for Telecity, Joule House, Manchester a 46,500 sq ft development completed in two phases.
The Colocation Data Centre features 4000kW of cooling, 7MVA Electrical diverse power supplies, Spirit of Tier 3 site, new build with N+1 resilience. In addition to the resilient features within the infrastructure to support the data halls, the site also features comprehensive access control, CCTV and security systems.
There are a number of office, meeting and client areas – the most impressive being the Network Operations Centre where the operation and parameters of the M&E Services can be monitored and adjusted in real time through advanced SCADA and BMS systems.View More Data Centres and Contact Centres Projects »